Environment & Ethics
Small scale, hand-made, environmentally conscious and locally sourced.
The world doesn't need anymore crap that's just going to add to landfill, which is why I strive to constantly keep in mind the environmental impact, longevity and ethical implications of each and every piece I create.
Where do you source your materials and packaging?
Almost everything I use has been sourced from Australian businesses and suppliers! This includes all of my polymer clay, laser-cut acrylic, packaging and clothing. Some of these products are unfortunately not produced in Australia, however I do my best to support Australian business by sourcing everything locally.
Is your packaging recyclable and/or compostable?
Yes! I have spent a lot of time minimising and improving my packaging to the point where every piece can either be recycled or composted. Here's the breakdown:
- Cardboard Boxes - Recyclable and Compostable
- Cardboard Earring Cards - Made from 100% recycled paper and printed with environmentally friendly inks & toners. Recyclable
- Cardboard Postcards - Made from 100% recycled paper and printed with environmentally friendly inks & toners. Recyclable
- Paper Stickers - Biodegradable paper pulp made from certified well managed forests. Recyclable and Compostable
- Tissue Paper - Re-use this pretty paper as wrapping paper! Recyclable
- Paper Tape - Recyclable and Compostable
- Delivery Satchels - Made with cornstarch. Compostable
Each piece is designed and handmade or assembled by me, Molly (with the occasional helping hand from my family and friends). I make small batches to ensure your piece is unique and am happy to repair your jewellery if anything happens to it, just send me an email with a photo of the damage and we can arrange for it to be fixed! This ensures each piece will be treasured for a very long time!
Polymer clay jewellery: Yes, polymer clay is plastic-based, however, the methods I use to create jewellery with it mean there is virtually no wasted material and it should last a VERY long time and won't end up in landfill, huzzah!
Laser-cut jewellery: Again, I know, it's plastic. However the strength of acrylic, along with it's lightweight qualities are ideal for long-lasting jewellery. The local laser-cutting business I work with are powered by 100% green power, and I spend a lot of time making sure I make the most of each sheet of acrylic to minimise waste.
Blank t-shirts are sourced from companies with ethical and environmental certificates and are printed in Australia using environmentally friendly, water-based inks. With the exception of two of the earlier t-shirts, all tees are certified organic cotton.